Welcome to Renee's relaxing tranquility spa.
Our goal is to create a relaxing experience while people of all shapes and sizes have their body fat reduced and skin toned to the body they always wanted or once had .
Body sculpting is our primary spa service so we take great pride in our clients results.
When Diet and exercise
are not enough.
gives fat reduction,
cellulite reduction and skin tightening.
With over twenty years of experience We are confident that regardless how many inches and cellulite dimples you have to lose we can provide the very best treatment to reduce your fat,
reduce your cellulite and tighten your skin.
Many clients have even seen the diminished appearance of scars,stretch marks and skin hyper pigmentation.
SCHEDULE ULTRASOUND APPOINTMENT'S ONLINE HERE
Call 425 533-4571 for V.I.P priority scheduling or to learn how to become a V.I.P MEMBER immediately with the purchase of any V.I.P package.
Memberships gives you access to evening and hold appointment's so you can begin your body sculpting immediately.
With every ultrasound cavitation spa treatment you receive you will continue to sculpt and tone your body. Your results are immediate and should continue to improve in the 4 days following the treatments. To achieve your best results we recommend starting a
When you purchase any service DIRECTLY FROM THE SPA you will receive 1 V.I.P MEMBERSHIP that includes priority scheduling.
V.I.P MEMBER Summer Specials
Buy a package on your first visit and add 1 free SINGLE session to your package
1 single ultrasound session $148
1 Double ultrasound session $ 198
3 single treatments for $149
4 single treatments for $179
5 single treatments for $225
6 single treatments for $239
12 single treatments for $469
3 Double treatments for $199
Buy a large double treatment package and receive a free DOUBLE treatment session.
4 Double treatments for $259
5 Double treatments for $299
7 Double treatments for $376
9 Double treatments for $493
Services do not require tax
Tips are greatly appreciated.
Schedule here the most convenient and accurate appointments available.
Email facialrenee@gmail if you have questions
10516 E. Riverside Dr.
Bothell, WA 98011
Located in a Cozy Therapy Office Building
Body & Spa Esthetics LLC(7)Add to mybook
I purchased a special through Living Social and was skeptical if it would work or not but I gave it a try and it did! Renee is very professional and knowledgeable about body composition and how the body cavitation works. I have lost over 6 inches of belly fat with a couple of visits! I have also enjoyed a facial to help with lines due to aging and discoloration. I highly recommend Body & Spa Esthetics you won't be disappointed. And free parking!
Like this review
I was recommended to go to renee by a friend and she is absolutely amazing! The ultrasound cavitation worked wonders on my stretch marks and cellulite, all while you're in a relaxing calm environment. I would highly recommend renee and ultrasound cavitation to anyone looking to lose weight or even just get rid of skin blemishes
More than the inches lost, the ultra sound body sculpting I have been getting from Renee at Body and Spa Esthetics has changed how I feel and look at my body. Don’t get me wrong, losing the inches in my midsection has been AWESOME! I’ve gotten several compliments as the changes in my body are noticed by those around me, but more than how others see me is how I am learning to see myself. Who knew that just by going in for a haircut by my favorite stylist Sarah Featherly, I’d be exposed to something that would change by body too! Way to go Renee Callis and thank you for being the awesome person that you are!
I originally found Body and Spa through a voucher deal buying just one because I was skeptical. It works. I ended up purchasing three more sessions and lost over 7 inches in my mid-section. There's lots of parking behind the building, which is really nice. I'd give it five stars, but I don't give any place five stars; I think there's always room for improvement.
Renee is the most talented and professional aesthetician. With her extensive medical background I have experienced the best treatments. Everything from her state of the art equipment to her technique is of the highest standard. So much so, that I located her after she left a well known competitor just to get her expert care. The results are just as impressive! I have tried several highly advertised treatments, but nothing has come close to the immediate and long lasting results from Renee's ultrasound treatments. The spa is easy to locate and parking is a breeze. Every time I walk into the spa I feel like part of the family and leave feeling skinny and beautiful!
Laurie on Sunday, March 16, 2014 2:49 PMOver the last three sessions I have a total fat reduction of 19 inches from my waist,14 from my belly button, and 8 eight inches from my lower tummy. With a loss of 4.5 pounds the week I had two sessions. The week I didn't do a session I did not lose at all. I had lost a total of a 117 pounds with weight watchers, but I had not lost anything for 5 weeks, till I did this, and I lost all that lose skin with the ultrasound as well! Now I can really see my toes!
Shelly Gunn on Tuesday, March 11, 2014 2:10 PM
Over the past 2 years I have lost 85 pounds. I have a lot of saggy skin on my lower abdomen, as well as some areas of fat on my hips and back that have been stubbornly resistant to all my weight loss/fitness efforts. I purchased a Groupon for ultrasonic cavitation hoping to improve the appearance of my belly and hips without the expense and painful recovery of a tummy tuck surgery. I am very pleased with the results of 6 treatments. I have lost several inches, but more important to me my stretch marks from 3 pregnancies are fading and smoothing out - which I never thought would happen! Further, my hips are losing the saggy "pooch" in front of each bone and on the side that makes me embarrassed when wearing a bikini or lingerie. After losing all that weight, I am finally able to "sculpt" those stubborn spots and smooth them out with this treatment, without experiencing any pain or discomfort. The cost of treatments after using the Groupon was very reasonable, and scheduling appointments to work with my busy schedule is not a problem. Renee is very honest and up-front about what to expect, and highly experienced and knowledgeable about these types of treatments. I was skeptical at first, but very happy I gave it a try. I work out at least an hour a day, and eat a very healthy diet, but I know that without ultrasonic cavitation I would be stuck with unsightly hip and tummy bulges no matter how many hours I spend running or in hot yoga, my body just doesn't pull fat from those areas. It is such a pleasant surprise to also see a dramatic difference in skin tightening and the appearance of stretch marks without surgery! I didn't think anything but a tummy tuck would work this well! Thanks Renee!!
Kimberly Rowley on Wednesday, January 29, 2013I saw Renee at Body Boutique in Kirkland. She gave me the most relaxing facial of my life and trust me I have had a few. The Body Sculpting session was surprising. I was amazed at the instant results, I can't wait to go back for more.
Sarah Ward on Wednesday, January 29, 2014 3:04 PMI am currently starting on a cavitation treatment plan. One down and I am already loving the results! I lost 1 1/2 inches off my waist in just 30 minutes of pain free treatment. The worst part of it all is that I am ticklish! I was able to go home that night and put on those snug pants and no longer be uncomfortable in them. I can't stop telling all my friends about this great treatment!
Erika on Wednesday, January 29, 2014 4:40 PMRenee made me feel so comfortable. I could not believe how much I lost on my first session. It gave me the confidence and push I need to start working out. If your in doubt. She will answer any question you have!
Teri on Wednesday, January 29, 2014 9:32 PMI have worked with Renee in the past and will say that she is professional, knowledgeable and will provide you with the best in cavitation services and that you will be totally satisfied with all aspects of the treatment from the moment you walked into her treatment room from start to finish. She is wonderful!
How are we different than other body sculpting facility's?
We are a relaxing tranquility spa that focuses on giving our clients a total relaxing experience while their bodies are being sculpted.
All clients will receive their treatments from Renee personally. This insures continuity our care.
What is Ultrasound Cavitation?
A MHz or Megahertz is 1,000,000 hertz and a rating of 40 KHz to 5 MHz is used in an ultrasonic treatment. This type of sound wave can destroy the fat cells without causing damage to any other tissues or organs.
Clients see results after the first t Ultrasound Cavitation treatment.
Ultrasonic therapy forces a powerful sound wave to the fat cell membranes. The fat cell membrane succumbs to the pressure, is reduced to liquid and is expelled through the body’s normal metabolic method.
Ultrasonic Cavitation destroys fat cells at such a rate and in such a quantity that fat storage is significantly reduced or eliminated. Clients see the results and are pleased with the increase in their body’s fat cell metabolism.
Immediate and long-lasting results of cavitation therapy After the first treatment, clients experience a reduction of several cm in circumference and added results after the next visit and longer. Age, metabolism, changes in hormones, medications, tissue structure and treatment area will have an impact on the results. To maintain the results it is important to follow a healthy diet and exercise regularly. -
Simply put, it's a tool which can help you reduce fat deposits in problem areas. Ultrasound cavitation is a non-invasive, painless, fast, and effective method of body contouring that works without surgery. Utilizing the power of sound waves, fat in cells begin to bubble (cavitation means "to bubble") and is picked up by the lymphatic system. When the sound wave probe is removed from the skin's surface, some of the subcutaneous fat is trapped outside the cell. It's then processed through the liver as normal waste.
CAN YOU TREAT MY DOUBLE CHIN?
We do offer facial ultrasound treatments for skin toning, but not at the same frequency used for fat reduction. Please schedule a facial to have regions above the breast treated with ultrasound.
Please get permission from you doctor if you have any health issue prior to starting any type of treatments
Liver disease, kidney disease,heart disease, some autoimmune diseases and disorders, pregnancy, breast feeding, metal pins or plates,metal I.U.Ds,( in the area of treatment ) cancer, high blood pressure, are contraindications.
If you have any contraindications or serious medical issues please contact your doctor prior to having any treatment.
HOW MANY TREATMENTS WILL I NEED ?
You can have as many treatments as needed to get the results you want. You will get a small result with each treatment.They should be scheduled at least four days apart to give your liver, which will process the mobilized fat, a rest. If you just want to lose an inch so your clothes fit better, three sessions may be enough. Most people start with a package of six.
HOW MANY INCHES CAN I EXPECT TO LOSE?
It varies from person to person. We see the best results in the abdominal area. Our average client loses about 1 inch from their abdomen in a double session. Half an inch to is typical in a single session. If you follow the directions you will lose more three days following your session. Additional sessions are typically needed to see the same results in the extremities (thighs and arms).
WHY AM I NOT LOSING MORE AFTER MY SESSION?
Chances are you consuming too many calories or carbohydrates.The three days following your session is when the fat is being processed.
If you consume more calories than your body metabolizes your body will store them and losing fat is very difficult. Look online to find a calorie calculator to find out how many calories and carbohydrates your body truly burns.
HOW DO I PREPARE FOR MY APPOINTMENT?
We recommend you drink at least 8-eight ounce glasses of water (sound waves travel best through a well hydrated body), avoid excess caffeine and alcohol before your treatment, and, because we want you to be kind to your liver, avoid Tylenol 24 hours before your service.
After your your treatment.
After your appointment we recommend you continue to drink adequate amounts of water, get some exercise, eat a low carbohydrate,low calorie,low fat diet and avoid excess alcohol (still being kind to your liver) for three days following your treatment.Drinking Aloe Vera juice is also helpful. Remember you have only a three day window to flush out the FAT.So for the best results you will want to do your BEST diet and exercise on those the days for fat reduction. If you are just looking for skin tightening diet and exercise is not necessary.
YOU'VE MENTIONED MY LIVER A FEW TIMES. WHY? It's going to be working hard to process the fat that's released into the lymphatic system. We want you to take good care of it before and after your treatment to help maximize your results.
Do I HAVE TO EXERCISE?
You don't have to, but since the lymphatic system doesn't have it's own pump (like the heart), it relies on muscle contraction or stimulation to get the lymphatic fluid moving through your system. If you can't exercise, manual lymphatic drainage is recommended and can be accomplished through a lymphatic vibration treatment or a lymphatic massage.
HOW LONG HAS ULTRASOUND CAVITATION BEEN AROUND?
While it's new to the U.S., it's been used in Europe and on cruise ships in international water for many years with great results.
HOW LONG IS A SESSION?
We offer 30 and 60 minute appointments which consist of approximately 20 and 40 minutes of actual treatment time. 90 minute appointments are available for treating multiple areas during one appointment. The more treatment you receive the greater the results.
WHAT'S A TYPICAL ultrasound TREATMENT LIKE?
You will fill out a one page consultation intake form in the spa room before Renee starts your first treatment.
You lay down on our treatment bed and ultrasound gel or lotion which conducts the sound waves, is applied to the area to be treated. When the treatment begins, you'll hear a buzzing sound as the waves travel through the subcutaneous fat in your body. It feels like a warm massage.
WHAT ARE THE CONTRAINDICATIONS?
Liver disease, kidney disease, autoimmune diseases and disorders, pregnancy, breast feeding, metal pins or plates,metal I.U.Ds, cancer, high blood pressure, and heart disease are contraindications.
If you have any contraindications or serious medical issues please contact your doctor prior to having any treatment.
Express Ultrasound skin tightening $100
This procedure stimulates collagen production by delivering focused ultrasound energy to the skin. Collagen is the body's miracle power of creating skin elasticity and healing. Ultrasound technology has been used for decades in several different capacities. Ultrasound is a proven safe, relaxing, and efficient way to tighten your skin and reduce cellulite without any invasive surgery or painful laser. This treatment is a tranquil, decadent experience that will have you feeling completely relaxed and leaving with a toner, and tighter body in less than half an hour.
Facial ultrasound $125
Ultrasonic Facial treatment is a gentle, non-invasive treatment that is safe and suitable for all skin types, from acne to rosacea and mature skin. Even the most sensitive skin will benefit from this treatment. Increased blood flow stimulates collagen, the body's primary structural protein, providing strength and resilience to dermal tissue. This advanced anti-aging procedure gives your skin a much healthier, more youthful look and feel.
Ultrasound waves penetrate the skin to deep-cleanse, hydrate, promote collagen production, and kill bacteria. Increased oxygen and blood circulation to underlying tissues leaves your skin thoroughly cleansed, revitalized and glowing.
Ultrasound is an effective treatment for fine lines and wrinkles, sun damage, age spots and mature skin. Results are noticeable after only one treatment.
Complete ultrasound facial $125
The Infrared Body heat
Is commonly used for conditions such as inch loss, pain management, improved skin, and cellulite reduction. InfraRed radiant energy directly penetrate the body’s tissues up to a depth of 2". This relaxing heat therapy is a great treatment for those looking to:
Relieve pain and joint stiffness
Reduce stress and fatigue
Improving the results of a body sculpting treatment.
Assist in fat and cellulite reduction.
Completely invigorate the body
Detox waste and impurities
Improve your immune system
Reduce body inflammation
What is the benefits of LED facial therapy
LED Light Therapy is based on important research by NASA showing that certain frequencies of light significantly increase new tissue growth, stimulate collagen production and reduce fine lines and wrinkles.
This breakthrough technology does not use heat or any kind of “invasive” process, but triggers the body to convert light energy into cell energy without thermal heat. LED light therapy is non-invasive, causes no inflammation, and requires no special post-treatment procedures.It is proving to be an effective treatment for aging skin as well as particular conditions such as Rosacea and other skin conditions. Benefits of Red LED Light Therapy include: Reduction in fine lines and wrinkles, reduction of age spots and sun damage, increase in collagen, reduction of overall redness, flushing and dilated capillaries. Results are often immediate.The Blue LED Light attacks PP-9, producing singlet oxygen. This form of oxygen is very toxic to the bacteria that cause acne therefore decreasing acne drastically with absolutely no downtime.
Body, Education Home → Body → The Use of Ultrasound in Cosmetic SurgeryThe Use of Ultrasound in Cosmetic SurgeryJames J. Romano, MDauto lThere are numerous exciting new applications of ultrasound therapy in cosmetic surgery. Ultrasound has been used for cosmetic purposes since around the early 1980s. Widespread therapeutic usage, safety, precise control and excellent, predictable results have made ultrasound an important addition to cosmetic surgery practices such as mine. New and current uses of ultrasound include facial and body skin-rejuvenating treatments, reduction of stretch marks, treatment of contracture and scar tissue such as around breast implants, and the pre- and post-operative treatment of plastic-surgery patients to accelerate healing and recovery after procedures such as face lifts, tummy tucks, and liposuction. Ultrasound applied over certain creams contributes to greater effectiveness through deeper and more thorough penetration of the products.The mechanisms of action of ultrasound should be considered in terms of four categories. First is the thermal effect, which relates to the heat generated into the deeper tissues, especially the collagen, and the benefits derived from this. Second is the mechanical effect, which relates to the high-speed vibrations that act on the tissue just like a micro-massage. Third is the cavitation effect. This refers to the production of countless microscopic droplets of oxygen from the vibrational process. Fourth are the biological effects, which include blood-vessel dilatation, improved blood flow and circulation, sonophoresis, improved lymph flow, muscle relaxation, reduced inflammation, and pain relief.Skin treatments are more effective because deep cleansing, exfoliation, and moisturizing are improved. This is achieved by high-frequency ultrasonic vibrations that penetrate deep into pores and hair follicles to break up old, dead cells; secretions; and oily blockages. Also, the skin metabolism is increased, which causes lymph flow to increase, which in turn causes waste products to be removed more rapidly and effectively. The more waste products removed, the better the penetration and absorption of your skincare products. Deep-tissue micro-massage improves skin tone, softness, and texture. All combined, these factors create younger looking skin. Treatment sessions take about 30 to 45 minutes and patients report feeling immediate tightening and softer, smoother skin. The skin looks suppler and friends will comment about your “healthy glow.”Stretch marks, fine lines, and sun-damaged skin are improved through dermapheresis or sonophoresis. These are the terms that have been applied to the use of ultrasound in stimulating deeper penetration of products into the skin. To achieve this even better, we bring together the positive effects of microdermabrasion, ultrasound technology, and potent creams. Microdermabrasion removes the thickened and sun-damaged outer layer of skin. Next, ultrasound application can deliver special creams deeper into the lower layers of the skin. In this way the ultimate effects of the creams are much more potent. Multiple treatments are usually required, and the treatment is safe for all skin colors and types. The number and frequency of your treatments depends on your skin type and response to therapy. Improvements are usually seen by the fourth treatment.Scar tissue and contracture is improved tremendously with ultrasound. Most believe this is due in large part to the thermal effects of ultrasound with the loosening, stretching, and re-orientation of collagen tissue. This has demonstrated great effects in speeding the healing and discoloration of firm or bruised areas occasionally seen after facelifts, tummy tucks, or liposuction. Patients with breast implants and some hardening have appreciated softening of the implants and breasts. Treatment sessions last 15 to 30 minutes and involve application of the ultrasound over the firm areas followed by home stretching and massaging exercises and special cream applications. Six to twelve treatments provide the best results with improvements usually seen after four sessions. Home exercises and massage preserve the results.Fat Reduction. There has been a great deal of interest generated recently about the effects of ultrasound on fat reduction. This has already been well documented in the role of ultrasound in preparing the fat prior to liposuction and during the liposuction process. In these cases external ultrasound assistance (EUA) and ultrasonic assisted liposuction (UAL) are both very successful and well received. Recently, ultrasound has been described in its use as the sole modality for its dissolution of fat. Here saline fluid is injected into the area to be treated, and the ultrasound applied for five to eight minutes without liposuction. In even a few sessions, patients have noted improvement in areas of small fatty accumulations such as the jowls.Unconsciously, ultrasonic products have become common commodities in our everyday life. Ultrasound has been used to shatter kidney stones, examine the fetus during pregnancy, research dolphins’ language, train dogs, and clean contact lenses. Ultrasonic sound waves are the basis of this technology and are generated at a frequency that is above the level heard by the human ear. The rate of ultrasound means the numbers of vibrations that occur in a second. Hertz is the unit of measurement.Medical and cosmetic ultrasound units are manufactured to typically deliver ultrasonic waves at frequencies of 1 and 3 MHz with duty cycles ranging from 20 to 100 percent. Duty cycles less than 100 percent are called “pulsed” ultrasound while a 100-percent duty cycle is called “continuous.” For our purposes, most machines are utilized at 1 to 3 MHz with continuous and pulsed modes. Ultrasonic sound waves cannot be transmitted through the air and need some sort of liquid medium though which to pass. For this reason a gel is applied between the treatment head of the machine and your skin.
For best results with fat reduction and healthy skin
Courtesy of the American Dietetic Association (ADA), we took our readers' eleven toughest diet problems and ran them by some of the top dietitians in the US: RDs who, in addition to their private careers, serve as media spokespersons or heads of specialty practice groups for the ADA.
Here's what they told us, in their own words. These tips are solid gold, learned from successful experience with thousands of clients. Some tips are new. Some you've heard before, but they're repeated because they work. This treasure trove of RD wisdom could change your life-starting today.
1. Add just one fruit or veggie serving daily. Get comfortable with that, then add an extra serving until you reach 8 to 10 a day.
2. Eat at least two servings of a fruit or veggie at every meal.
3. Resolve never to supersize your food portions�unless you want to supersize your clothes.
4. Make eating purposeful, not mindless. Whenever you put food in your mouth, peel it, unwrap it, plate it, and sit. Engage all of the senses in the pleasure of nourishing your body.
5. Start eating a big breakfast. It helps you eat fewer total calories throughout the day.
6. Make sure your plate is half veggies and/or fruit at both lunch and dinner.
Are there Any Easy Tricks to Help Me Cut Calories?7. Eating out? Halve it, and bag the rest. A typical restaurant entree has 1,000 to 2,000 calories, not even counting the bread, appetizer, beverage, and dessert.
8. When dining out, make it automatic: Order one dessert to share.
9. Use a salad plate instead of a dinner plate.
10. See what you eat. Plate your food instead of eating out of the jar or bag.
11. Eat the low-cal items on your plate first, then graduate. Start with salads, veggies, and broth soups, and eat meats and starches last. By the time you get to them, you'll be full enough to be content with smaller portions of the high-calorie choices.
12. Instead of whole milk, switch to 1 percent. If you drink one 8-oz glass a day, you'll lose 5 lb in a year.
13. Juice has as many calories, ounce for ounce, as soda. Set a limit of one 8-oz glass of fruit juice a day.
14. Get calories from foods you chew, not beverages. Have fresh fruit instead of fruit juice.
15. Keep a food journal. It really works wonders.
16. Follow the Chinese saying: "Eat until you are eight-tenths full."
17. Use mustard instead of mayo.
18. Eat more soup. The non creamy ones are filling but low-cal.
19. Cut back on or cut out caloric drinks such as soda, sweet tea, lemonade, etc. People have lost weight by making just this one change. If you have a 20-oz bottle of Coca-Cola every day, switch to Diet Coke. You should lose 25 lb in a year.
20. Take your lunch to work.
21. Sit when you eat.
22. Dilute juice with water.
23. Have mostly veggies for lunch.
24. Eat at home.
25. Limit alcohol to weekends.
How Can I Eat More Veggies?26. Have a V8 or tomato juice instead of a Diet Coke at 3 pm.
27. Doctor your veggies to make them delicious: Dribble maple syrup over carrots, and sprinkle chopped nuts on green beans.
28. Mix three different cans of beans and some diet Italian dressing. Eat this three-bean salad all week.
29. Don't forget that vegetable soup counts as a vegetable.
30. Rediscover the sweet potato.
31. Use prebagged baby spinach everywhere: as "lettuce" in sandwiches, heated in soups, wilted in hot pasta, and added to salads.
32. Spend the extra few dollars to buy vegetables that are already washed and cut up.
33. Really hate veggies? Relax. If you love fruits, eat plenty of them; they are just as healthy (especially colorful ones such as oranges, mangoes, and melons).
34. Keep seven bags of your favorite frozen vegetables on hand. Mix any combination, microwave, and top with your favorite low-fat dressing. Enjoy 3 to 4 cups a day. Makes a great quick dinner.
Can You Give Me a Mantra that will Help Me Stick to My Diet?35. "The best portion of high-calorie foods is the smallest one. The best portion of vegetables is the largest one. Period."
36. "I'll ride the wave. My cravings will disappear after 10 minutes if I turn my attention elsewhere."
37. "I want to be around to see my grandchildren, so I can forgo a cookie now."
38. "I am a work in progress."
39. "It's more stressful to continue being fat than to stop overeating."
I Eat Healthy, but I'm Overweight. What Mistakes Could I Be Making without Realizing It?40. Skipping meals. Many healthy eaters "diet by day and binge by night."
41. Don't "graze" yourself fat. You can easily munch 600 calories of pretzels or cereal without realizing it.
42. Eating pasta like crazy. A serving of pasta is 1 cup, but some people routinely eat 4 cups.43. Eating supersize bagels of 400 to 500 calories for snacks.
44. Ignoring "Serving Size" on the Nutrition Facts panel.
45. Snacking on bowls of nuts. Nuts are healthy but dense with calories. Put those bowls away, and use nuts as a garnish instead of a snack.
46. Thinking all energy bars and fruit smoothies are low-cal.
What Can I Eat for a Healthy Low-Cal Dinner if I Don't Want to Cook?47. A smoothie made with fat-free milk, frozen fruit, and wheat germ.
48. The smallest fast-food burger (with mustard and ketchup, not mayo) and a no-cal beverage. Then at home, have an apple or baby carrots.
49. A peanut butter sandwich on whole wheat bread with a glass of 1 percent milk and an apple.
50. Precooked chicken strips and microwaved frozen broccoli topped with Parmesan cheese.
51. A healthy frozen entree with a salad and a glass of 1 percent milk.
52. Scramble eggs in a nonstick skillet. Pop some asparagus in the microwave, and add whole wheat toast. If your cholesterol levels are normal, you can have seven eggs a week!
53. A bag of frozen vegetables heated in the microwave, topped with 2 tablespoons of Parmesan cheese and 2 tablespoons of chopped nuts.
54. Prebagged salad topped with canned tuna, grape tomatoes, shredded reduced-fat cheese, and low-cal Italian dressing.
55. Keep lean sandwich fixings on hand: whole wheat bread, sliced turkey, reduced-fat cheese, tomatoes, mustard with horseradish.
56. Heat up a can of good soup.
57. Cereal, fruit, and fat-free milk makes a good meal anytime.
58. Try a veggie sandwich from Subway.
59. Precut fruit for a salad and add yogurt.
What's Your Best Advice for Avoiding those Extra Holiday Pounds?60. Don't tell yourself, "It's okay, it's the holidays." That opens the door to 6 weeks of splurging.
61. Remember, EAT before you meet. Have this small meal before you go to any parties: a hardboiled Egg, Apple, and a Thirst quencher (water, seltzer, diet soda, tea).
62. As obvious as it sounds, don't stand near the food at parties. Make the effort, and you'll find you eat less.
63. At a buffet? Eating a little of everything guarantees high calories. Decide on three or four things, only one of which is high in calories. Save that for last so there's less chance of overeating.
64. For the duration of the holidays, wear your snuggest clothes that don't allow much room for expansion. Wearing sweats is out until January.
65. Give it away! After company leaves, give away leftover food to neighbors, doormen, or delivery people, or take it to work the next day.
66. Walk around the mall three times before you start shopping.
67. Make exercise a nonnegotiable priority.
68. Dance to music with your family in your home. One dietitian reported that when she asks her patients to do this, initially they just smile, but once they've done it, they say it is one of the easiest ways to involve the whole family in exercise.
How Can I Control a Raging Sweet Tooth?69. Once in a while, have a lean, mean salad for lunch or dinner, and save the meal's calories for a full dessert.
70. Are you the kind of person who does better if you make up your mind to do without sweets and just not have them around? Or are you going to do better if you have a limited amount of sweets every day? One RD reported that most of her clients pick the latter and find they can avoid bingeing after a few days.
71. If your family thinks they need a very sweet treat every night, try to strike a balance between offering healthy choices but allowing them some "free will." Compromise with low-fat ice cream and fruit, or sometimes just fruit with a dollop of whipped cream.
72. Try 2 weeks without sweets. It's amazing how your cravings vanish.
73. Eat more fruit. A person who gets enough fruit in his diet doesn't have a raging sweet tooth.
74. Eat your sweets, just eat them smart! Carve out about 150 calories per day for your favorite sweet. That amounts to about an ounce of chocolate, half a modest slice of cake, or 1/2 cup of regular ice cream.
75. Try these smart little sweets: sugar-free hot cocoa, frozen red grapes, fudgsicles, sugar-free gum, Nutri-Grain chocolate fudge twists, Tootsie Rolls, and hard candy.
How Can I Conquer My Downfall: Bingeing at Night?76. Eat breakfast, lunch, and dinner. The large majority of people who struggle with night eating are those who skip meals or don't eat balanced meals during the day. This is a major setup for overeating at night.
77. Eat your evening meal in the kitchen or dining room, sitting down at the table.
78. Drink cold unsweetened raspberry tea. It tastes great and keeps your mouth busy.
79. Change your nighttime schedule. It will take effort, but it will pay off. You need something that will occupy your mind and hands.
80. If you're eating at night due to emotions, you need to focus on getting in touch with what's going on and taking care of yourself in a way that really works. Find a nonfood method of coping with your stress.
81. Put a sign on the kitchen and refrigerator doors: "Closed after Dinner."
82. Brush your teeth right after dinner to remind you: No more food.
83. Eat without engaging in any other simultaneous activity. No reading, watching TV, or sitting at the computer.
84. Eating late at night won't itself cause weight gain. It's how many calories�not when you eat them�that counts.
How Can I Reap Added Health Benefits from My Dieting?85. Fat-free isn't always your best bet. Research has found that none of the lycopene or alpha- or beta-carotene that fight cancer and heart disease is absorbed from salads with fat-free dressing. Only slightly more is absorbed with reduced-fat dressing; the most is absorbed with full-fat dressing. But remember, use your dressing in moderate amounts.
86. Skipping breakfast will leave you tired and craving naughty foods by midmorning. To fill up healthfully and tastefully, try this sweet, fruity breakfast full of antioxidants. In a blender, process 1 c nonfat plain or vanilla yogurt, 1 1/3 c frozen strawberries (no added sugar), 1 peeled kiwi, and 1 peeled banana. Pulse until mixture is milkshake consistency. Makes one 2-cup serving; 348 calories and 1.5 fat grams.
87. If you're famished by 4 p.m. and have no alternative but an office vending machine, reach for the nuts�. The same goes if your only choices are what's available in the hotel minibar.
88. Next time you're feeling wiped out in late afternoon, forgo that cup of coffee and reach for a cup of yogurt instead. The combination of protein, carbohydrate, and fat in an 8-ounce serving of low-fat yogurt will give you a sense of fullness and well-being that coffee can't match, as well as some vital nutrients. If you haven't eaten in 3 to 4 hours, your blood glucose levels are probably dropping, so eating a small amount of nutrient-rich food will give your brain and your body a boost.
89. Making just a few changes to your pantry shelves can get you a lot closer to your weight loss goals. Here's what to do: If you use corn and peanut oil, replace it with olive oil. Same goes for breads�go for whole wheat. Trade in those fatty cold cuts like salami and bologna and replace them canned tuna, sliced turkey breast, and lean roast beef. Change from drinking whole milk to fat-free milk or low-fat soy milk. This is hard for a lot of people so try transitioning down to 2 percent and then 1 percent before you go fat-free.
90. Nothing's less appetizing than a crisper drawer full of mushy vegetables. Frozen vegetables store much better, plus they may have greater nutritional value than fresh. Food suppliers typically freeze veggies just a few hours after harvest, locking in the nutrients. Fresh veggies, on the other hand, often spend days in the back of a truck before they reach your supermarket.
91. Worried about the trans-fat content in your peanut butter? Good news: In a test done on Skippy, JIF, Peter Pan, and a supermarket brand, the levels of trans fats per 2-tablespoon serving were far lower than 0.5 gram�low enough that under proposed laws, the brands can legally claim zero trans fats on the label. They also contained only 1 gram more sugar than natural brands�not a significant difference.
Eating Less Isn't Enough�What Exercising Tips Will Help Me Shed Pounds?92. Overeating is not the result of exercise. Vigorous exercise won't stimulate you to overeat. It's just the opposite. Exercise at any level helps curb your appetite immediately following the workout.
93. When you're exercising, you shouldn't wait for thirst to strike before you take a drink. By the time you feel thirsty, you're already dehydrated. Try this: Drink at least 16 ounces of water, sports drinks, or juices two hours before you exercise. Then drink 8 ounces an hour before and another 4 to 8 ounces every 15 to 20 minutes during your workout. Finish with at least 16 ounces after you're done exercising.
94. Tune in to an audio book while you walk. It'll keep you going longer and looking forward to the next walk�and the next chapter! Check your local library for a great selection. Look for a whodunit; you might walk so far you'll need to take a cab home!
95. Think yoga's too serene to burn calories? Think again. You can burn 250 to 350 calories during an hour-long class (that's as much as you'd burn from an hour of walking)! Plus, you'll improve muscle strength, flexibility, and endurance.
96. Drinking too few can hamper your weight loss efforts. That's because dehydration can slow your metabolism by 3 percent, or about 45 fewer calories burned a day, which in a year could mean weighing 5 pounds more. The key to water isn't how much you drink, it's how frequently you drink it. Small amounts sipped often work better than 8 ounces gulped down at once.
How Can I Manage My Emotional Eating and Get the Support I Need?97. A registered dietitian (RD) can help you find healthy ways to manage your weight with food. To find one in your area who consults with private clients call (800) 366-1655.
98. The best place to drop pounds may be your own house of worship. Researchers set up healthy eating and exercise programs in 16 Baltimore churches. More than 500 women participated and after a year the most successful lost an average of 20 lb. Weight loss programs based on faith are so successful because there's a built-in community component that people can feel comfortable with.
99. Here's another reason to keep level-headed all the time: Pennsylvania State University research has found that women less able to cope with stress�shown by blood pressure and heart rate elevations�ate twice as many fatty snacks as stress-resistant women did, even after the stress stopped (in this case, 25 minutes of periodic jackhammer-level noise and an unsolvable maze).
100. Sitting at a computer may help you slim down. When researchers at Brown University School of Medicine put 92 people on online weight loss programs for a year, those who received weekly e-mail counseling shed 5 1/2 more pounds than those who got none. Counselors provided weekly feedback on diet and exercise logs, answered questions, and cheered them on. Most major online diet programs offer many of these